1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating bermudas

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lulu Poppins, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Lulu Poppins

Lulu Poppins Registered Guest

Hi, How can I know if these are 80s or 90s?
    I am trying to learn the difference between these decades as I sometimes know it but sometimes hesitate.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• v.JPG
      v.JPG
      File size:
      34.6 KB
      Views:
    • v2.JPG
      v2.JPG
      File size:
      49.8 KB
      Views:
    • v3.JPG
      v3.JPG
      File size:
      30.1 KB
      Views:
    • v4.JPG
      v4.JPG
      File size:
      58 KB
      Views:
    • v5.JPG
      v5.JPG
      File size:
      47.1 KB
      Views:
    • v6.JPG
      v6.JPG
      File size:
      52.8 KB
      Views:
    • v8.JPG
      v8.JPG
      File size:
      59.3 KB
      Views:
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I think these are fairly current not vintage.

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  3. Lulu Poppins

They are super thick denim fabric and close with a velcro fastener.
    They doesn't seem so current to me. But I would like to know if somebody else believes the same?
    Thanks, Cindy, I'll take your opinion in mind.

4. They are at least pre 2004 and I would wager a guess that they are mid 90s based on the 70s inspired colour scheme.

Why pre 2004? They are made in France and follow the Ginetex care symbol guidelines. The 5 care symbols end in the dryer. This number, and order, of symbols was in force from mid 80s to 2004. In 2004 Ginetex changed the order of the symbols to have the dry cleaning symbol in the last position.

You may search Ginetex here by Better Dresses Vintage for more information on the European system of care labelling.

5. If you google Oxbow surfboard you will find a Wikipedia entry of the sport and clothing brand. They started in ‘85.

If you dig further you may find out if their logo went through any changes over the years. This may help in narrowing down a date. I say this because a Trademarkia entry has their sunglasses “dead” since ‘98. Not sure if it’s the logo that’s dead or they stopped producing eyewear all together.

Attached Files:

6. Lulu Poppins

Thanks for the detailed information, Deborah.
    I sometimes have tried to get into these info about trade marks but it's new to me and everytime I go into a site I don't understand it. :-S Probably because it's everything new to me and also in English which is not my first language.
    I think I need a "beginer" web for that, but I think it doesn't exist.
    Anyway, I'll try to look at it.
    Thanks,
    Luisa

7. My dating was just a guess. Certainly Cin knows her construction details more than I;
    so I would listen to her dating guidance:

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  8. Lulu Poppins

Thank you, Deborah, I appreciate your guess!