1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by c.tavernari, Aug 4, 2019.

1. c.tavernari

c.tavernari Registered Guest

I found this coat in a thrift store and I would like some help dating it because I absolutely have no experience in vintage. It was so cheap and so beautiful at the same time that I really could not resist buying it!
    The coat has no label. The fabric is maybe shantung silk or maybe a blend. I'm saying this because I have a shantung silk coat and the fabric is similar. The fabric is strong. The buttons are quite peculiar. I would say the coat dates back to the '60s. My guess is also that it was either homemade or made to order by a seamstress. What do you think?
    Please, note that I bought it in Italy so, maybe, fashion trends and style could be a little bit different from other regions of the world (I don't know, it is just a guess).

Thank you very much for your help!

Cinzia

ps. sorry, I do not have a proper dummy to show the coat, so I tried it on. Hope the pictures are fine anyway.

coat2.jpeg coat4.jpeg coat6.jpeg coat7.jpeg coat3.jpeg coat1.jpeg

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Your coat is lovely! I agree with '60s and think it probably had a matching A-line or sheath dress. It may have been worn by a bride. It looks great on you!

c.tavernari likes this.
  3. c.tavernari

c.tavernari Registered Guest

Thank you very much!! I loved it since the moment I saw it and luckily it fits me! So happy!