1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating dress: 60s or 70s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lulu Poppins, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Lulu Poppins

Lulu Poppins Registered Guest

Hello,
    Can somebody please tell me if you think this is a 60s or a 70s dress?
    I'm not used to find 60s garments but this seems to me a little different than the most of the 70s dresses I usually recognize.
    It doesn't have any label. I need to check the zipper, I can't remember now what is It made of. I will check it in a few hours and will update the info.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Is it a knit? It looks like a Qiana nylon knit, in which case early-mid 70s

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  3. Lulu Poppins

Hi Jonathan!
    thanks for your response and sorry for the delay!
    It seems nylon, probably. Sorry my language is not English and I'm not sure if this is a knit. I always understood knit as another kind of fabric. But I agree It may be nylon. The zipper is plastic too, except for the part in where it is pulled to close or open.

Can you tell me what is the name for this kind of print? (op art? cause maybe I would say "mod", but I think mod is for the 60s?)

Thank you again

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  4. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

Knit is the way thread is put together to make a fabric or material. Knit fabrics can be made from cotton, nylon, polyester, rayon, wool and more.
    Some fabrics are knitted, others are woven.
    Marian

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  5. Lulu Poppins

Thanks, VinClothes :)
    Jonathan, I've checked on the internet and it's a knit.