1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating Koupy coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Hazel, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Hazel

Hazel Registered Guest

Hi,
    My mum's positive this Koupy coat is 50's... I'm wondering if it's late 40's? It has a fabulous collar which almost has a hint of the 30's to it :)

P1060771.JPG

P1060765.jpg P1060769.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Hi Hazel. You will find some information about Koupy on this thread.

It would be helpful to see the coat as it's meant to be worn, done up with the collar down so we can see the proper silhouette but the shoulder line looks too soft for '40s to me. I tend to agree with your mum about it likely being '50s although I note that all of the Koupys I could find have the same label, a different label, and yours does look a bit earlier.

What are the shoulders like? Does it have much padding?

3. Hazel

Hazel Registered Guest

Hi Nicole,
    Thank you for your reply!
    I had a look at that thread but didn't find it too helpful - 'model' was used from the 40's up to 1960's for example! It has shoulder pads but they're not as big and defined as those in my definitely 40's coats; the lining is a medium crepe. I thought I'd put a photo up of the rear, I'll add that now in case that helps. I'll have a play with the collar at the weekend - it doesn't 'sit' very well down.

P1060766.JPG

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Gorgeous coat. Wonder if it's a cusper 1949 1952 ish.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member