Help dating "Pelle Moda" (Pelle Pelle?) Leather Parka Jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion Q & A' started by laurenm, Nov 13, 2018.

1. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I am wondering if this could be a 90s jacket or if it is way newer? It is marked a 3XL but it isn't THAT crazy big on my pretty petite model.....,I can't find a clothing company named Pelle Moda, only a shoe company but this looks somewhat like the jackets sold by Pelle Pelle. The RN number didn't yield anything regarding dates, but maybe I'm not doing that properly?
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks for any directions
    Lauren

Attached Files:

2. Rachel Stevens

Rachel Stevens Registered Guest

Hey Lauren,

That jacket is awesome! I couldn't find anything that would date your jacket, but I'm no expert by any means. I did find a few ebay listings of somewhat similar jackets however. Some say vintage 90's and some didn't indicate they were vintage at all, overall I couldn't find many similar jackets (brand or style). You've definitely got a super unique find there.

Links removed by Admin. Please read posting rules.

3. lkranieri

lkranieri Trade Member

4. carla rey

carla rey Trade Member

These were SUPER popular in NYC in the early 90s with the hip hop crowd. I ran the coat check at the Palladium I remember seeing quite a few of these, and very expensive from what I recall.

laurenm likes this.
  5. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Thanks Everyone. Carla, that must have been an interesting time and cool venue! I was recently at The Stanley in Utica....such an extravagant wonder of a building.....built around the same era I'd think. Would be so great to have a vintage fashion extravaganza in one of those old theaters.