1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating Pierre Cardin Belt

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Joji Furukawa, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Joji Furukawa

Joji Furukawa Registered Guest

I found this vintage Pierre Cardin belt at the thrift store yesterday and I’m wondering how old it is. I’m guessing 1970s based on the style but I’d just like to confirm. Also, would this have been a men’s or a women’s belt? Finally, would a leather shop be able to repair the damage? I’m planning on keeping this belt to wear myself and thankfully it doesn’t show when the belt is worn, but it’s quite scratched up. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Depends on the width, but that garnet red colour was popular late 1970s early 1980s, and it looks like a man's belt to me, but its hard to tell without knowing size - there was an element of androgyny in tailoring at the time.

Joji Furukawa likes this.
  3. Agree with Jonathan on date: late '70s to early '80s. I think it was likely a men's belt judging by the size, which is very big for a woman of the time.

Joji Furukawa likes this.