1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating Russian? Satin and Netting with loops

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by laurenm, May 4, 2019.

1. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Hi Everyone.
    I'm not sure on this one. Had been thinking 70s but wonder if it's modern?
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks alot
    Lauren

Attached Files:

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I don't think it's modern, but I've seen similar dated from the 1960's-1980's. The clasps are interesting I haven't seen that sort before. Not marked with a brand name or patent by any chance? that would help...

3. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

unfortunately nothing on the clasps.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

More likely Greek - I don't think universal care symbols were used by the second world.... I may be wrong, but I have never seen it in anything I knew was Russian or Eastern European.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I can't make out much of the writing, but that's Cyrillic, not Greek - I see what looks like a Cyrillic "D", and that would be different in Greek. But remember there are other languages as well that use Cyrillic, not just Russian -> Ukranian, Bulgarian, Serbian... these are probably the biggest.

6. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

My multilingual friend just confirmed it is Russian and it says 80% Nylon 20% Spandex. Not sure if that helps with dating?

7. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

sounds like it's quite new then

8. laurenm

laurenm Registered Guest

Thanks everyone