1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating these Chaps by Ralph Lauren labels...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TimeForMemories, Jun 6, 2017.

1. TimeForMemories

TimeForMemories Registered Guest

Hey! I'm looking for help in dating these Chaps by Ralph Lauren labels. They are both on an orange rain jacket I found recently. I've researched, but haven't seen anything similar so any help would be much appreciated! Thank you! :)

Shawn

U48A4865.jpg U48A4864.jpg U48A4862.jpg

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm...interesting label. The fact that the care instructions are written, instead of using symbols, means it's pre-1997.

It's a great piece and some RL is super collectible. Hopefully someone else can give you more insight.

And the photo of your family is lovely!

3. TimeForMemories

Aw, thank you! And they're all even lovelier than the photo! :)

Here's a closeup of the logo on the chest, too. It's the same horse as the one embroidered on the tag. Thanks for your input!

U48A4863.jpg

4. TimeForMemories

Thought of a few other things that may be worth mentioning.

The label in the first photo (with the horse) is inside the jacket on the back of one of the pockets (not inside the pocket, if that makes sense). The second label (no horse) is in the normal label place on the neck.

Also, the zipper says "YKK". Not sure if that help in dating at all.

5. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Registered Guest

Hello everyone! Chaps was introduced as a more affordable option than Polo, around the second half of the 70s. i would date this piece 79-82, given the colour and the material.

6. TimeForMemories

Awesome! Thanks for the info, Giuseppe!