1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating this Krizia dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MountainPoppy, Apr 4, 2022.

1. MountainPoppy

MountainPoppy Registered Guest

I've recently found this Krizia dress, and according to the VFG label resource here, the label looks like it might be even older than the oldest 1970s one posted. The dress is very much late 60s / early 70s mod in style.

I've been researching Krizia for two weeks. I keep circling back to the 1969 collection which is described as being "colors of sand and blues, uncomplicated construction with little 'support', and very short". This dress is sand colored linen or cotton/linen canvas or duck, beautiful simple construction with meticulously matched seams, a hand-stitched CB zipper, and only 32 inches from shoulder to hem.

Can anyone help point me to Krizia collection photos from the late 60s? All I keep finding is info on the later pleated or knit collections. Thanks.

(I'll try to add photos now. This is my first post to the forum! Thanks for your patience.)
    IMG_1822.jpeg IMG_1823.jpeg IMG_1825.jpeg IMG_1820.jpeg

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

What a great dress.

I can't find something similar with my resources. Where did you find the 69 collection description? You did better than I!

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

3. MountainPoppy

Thanks, Maggie. The book on Krizia from 1995, with a forward by Umberto Ec0?, has some sketches in it with accompanying descriptions. A colleague in Italy sent me a scan of the page with this information, and I did a rough but reasonable translation. I do know that '69 was the second to last year that Lagerfeld was designing with Krizia (along with Albini for knits and Ferre for jewelry). But I'm at a loss for finding any photos or visuals.

I'm hoping to figure out how to navigate the Met Museum link to Italian Vogue, but I've been busy and haven't been able to put my mind to it.

(And I'm avoiding buying the Krizia book because it's more than I'd like to spend just to gain this information.)

denisebrain likes this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. MountainPoppy

Right? I love it! I just wish that I could find out more about it. Sigh......