1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating this Witchy Deco-inspired gown?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MagsRags, Jan 5, 2021.

1. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I brought it home completely uncertain of era, but hypnotized by all the beautiful details, hoping it might be early, and unwilling to leave it behind even if it wasn't - early, that is.

After handling, inspecting and photographing, I don't think it is any earlier than 70s, and is more likely 80s or even 90s.
    decogolddress.jpg decogoldembellishment2.jpg decogoldbackcloser.jpg decogoldsatinseam.jpg
    No tags, closes in back with an invisible metal zipper that is stamped "alco" on back and has a curvy elongated tongue.
    Most seams are serged - including the skirt hem, but some are not - like the seams between the facing and the inner bodice.
    The sinuous dark gold patterns are painted/screen printed onto the crepe-backed satin. The beads feels like real glass to my teeth (as opposed to plastic). Thoughts?

Vinclothes likes this.
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

that lowered waistline, especially, reminds me of late 80s. what a dress!! i would not have left if behind, either!

MagsRags likes this.
  3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Another vote for 90s