1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help dating three vintage pieces

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Aleks, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Aleks

Aleks Registered Guest

Hi everyone

I recently purchased a two vintage tops & trousers for myself. Tried dating myself but having some difficulty!

1. Silk lace top. Label says it was made in holland - would you say 80s?

IMG_0896.jpg IMG_0899.jpg

2. Linen shirt. Seems like it was made to order from the label...

IMG_0900.jpg IMG_0901.jpg

3. Ted lapidus high waister shorts. These are gorgeous and there's an entry in the label resource but nothing that looks like this. The label seems to be hand made... any ideas as to the date these were made?

IMG_0902.jpg IMG_0903.jpg

Thanks so much for your help in advance!
    Aleks

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

The first one is hard to tell, to be honest. Second one - that label in my view just means the manufacturer made a line exclusively for a certain shop or chain of shops. Not made to order as in tailormade for one person. Does it have any other labels? At first look the style looks fairly new to me. Third - I associate that kind of fabric content label with ready to wear - I have an Ungaro RTW dress here with a similar label, and I've had other. These were still pricey items though. According to his obit, he opened the boutique in London in 1975, so they would have to be after that. How long are these patns? They're not shorts, they're too long for that, but it's a bit hard to quite make out what style they are, with no relation as to their actual length.

3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Best Guess is that the shirt is 60s and the trousers early 80s, however this is a guess and many experts here will better be able to assist you.