1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Dating Vendome Pearl Necklace

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LaurenMG, Mar 13, 2021.

1. LaurenMG

LaurenMG Registered Guest

Hi Everyone, I'm really not savvy with jewelry...any idea what era this might be? 60s? Also, would these be glass and coated? They are quite heavy.
    Thanks for any help.
    Lauren

Attached Files:

cmpollack likes this.
  2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Hi Lauren -

Very pretty "simulated" pearls. Yes, they are glass with a coating. This Vendome label was used from 1944 -1970. I would date your necklace C.1950s - early 1960s. If you could take another close-up of the clasp/catch that might help to pin it down.

Thanks!

cmpollack likes this.
  3. LaurenMG

LaurenMG Registered Guest

Thanks Linn. Maybe 2 little faux pearls missing in that clasp? When I was doing the real close ups it looked like there might be writing on the back that I hadn't noticed. Or it's just an illusion from the tarnish....there's definitely some writing on the back but I can't quite get a shot or make it out cause of glare. I thought I saw CORO but am not sure.

Attached Files:

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Vendome was the "high end" division of Coro started in the 1940s. Thanks for the additional photos. I would say C. 1950s. You may be able to find replacement faux pearls and glue them into the clasp.

Distantdetails and LaurenMG like this.