1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help dating vintage lingerie

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Aimee, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

any help dating these pieces would be much appreciated! there are no tags or information on the garments. thank you!

IMG_1393.JPG IMG_1394.JPG IMG_1397.JPG IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1396.JPG

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Those are quite fabulous. Unusual to see such lovely and intensely hand worked lingerie of an almost couture quality. It would help if we could see the entire length with the skirt and bottom hem. The ribbon work and trims bring to mind the look of the late 'Teens to 1920s in style. But the cut of the bodice looks more like early 1930s.

They look French. I bet they are. Wow. The lingerie collectors would go nuts over these. I can imagine a French Countess lounging around the chateau in these.

3. Aimee

Aimee Registered Guest

Thank you so much, Barbara! I sincerely appreciate your help. I was hoping the pieces were as old as I thought, I recently came across a collection of five pieces. I'm going to photograph them soon, I'll provide some more photos when I do : )

4. PastPiecesVintage

PastPiecesVintage VFG Member

I'm in love with these gowns :wub:. I would have been saying 'ohboyohboyohboyohboy' if I'd found them! We'd love to see the others.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

WOW!!! Those are fabulous, I wonder if they might have been part of a wedding trousseau. I see 30s and they exquisite. Looking forward to seeing the other three.

6. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

Gorgeous! That green color is so fabulous and unusual.

7. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

Lovely! Thanks for showing and I vote for 1930s as well.