1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help dating wool plaid jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by blubirdboutique, Sep 18, 2019.

1. blubirdboutique

blubirdboutique Registered Guest

Hello! I always have trouble dating these jackets. There is a interesting double-breasted treatment here - don't think I've seen the buttons so close? I believe the brand is Rangers - hard to quite tell from the label. I can't seem to find much on that brand by googling though. I'm leaning older, but again hard to tell! Any thoughts? Also, I included a photo of a little button and buckle piece that was in the pocket - no idea where this goes??

Thanks!

rust1.jpg
    rust1.jpg rust2.jpg rust3.jpg rust4.jpg rust5.jpg rust6.jpg rust7.jpg

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  2. blubirdboutique

Any thoughts? :)

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

The smaller piece might have been to close up at the neckline any button under the collar.
    It looks older to me as well 50s maybe? Any shoulder pads?
    Very nice jacket, love the lines!

blubirdboutique likes this.
  4. blubirdboutique

Thanks! It looks like there is a button hole at the neck but no button. Must have fallen off. No shoulder pads.

5. blubirdboutique

Hmm.. Yes, but plastic buckles were around for awhile you know? So to me that doesn't seem to help narrow it down a lot. The little white remnants of a tag also point older to me and the inside piping/seams. Difficult one!

6. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member