1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Found a gem and trying to date the Yves Saint Laurent Label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jean O'REilly, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Jean O'REilly

Jean O'REilly Registered Guest

Hey guys, would love some help aging this guy. Going by the label resource I thought it could be 1950s but I am not sure about the 'Capecci Genova' label. Any help at all would be greatly appriciated!

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Nice jacket. I don't know about the labels though, they appear to be from a different time period. So I am wondering if the Yves Saint Laurent may have been added. Are there any other labels on the inside of the jacket?

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I believe that this is 70s Yves Saint Laurent (label) and that the boutique added their label under it. Not so unusual.

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

It can't be 1950s becaus YSL started his own couture house only in 1962 - before that he worked for Dior. I agree that Cappecci was probably a boutique that added their own label. Does it have any other labels (e.g. care labels)?

5. Jean O'REilly

Jean O'REilly Registered Guest

Thanks so much everyone! The quality is second to none so thinking you guys are right about the boutique adding the label.