1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP: FUR IDENTIFICATION

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Yahiko, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Yahiko

Yahiko Registered Guest

Hello hello! :)

i have thrifted this genuine fur jacket. Item is unlined with YKK reversible zippers.

could anyone please help me identify what type of fur is this? Or its date? The fur is about 2 inches long with spots that go from light to dark brown.

thank you!!

Attached Files:

2. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

It could be lynx. The style looks 80s to me, with the zipper and the pronounced shoulders.

3. Yahiko

Yahiko Registered Guest

Woow!! If this is a lynx i think i got lucky!!!

4. Yahiko

Yahiko Registered Guest

5. hjlocke

hjlocke Registered Guest

It is fox, the spots are dyed.

Yahiko likes this.
  6. Bonnie Bien

Bonnie Bien VFG Member

It is really hard to tell, somehow I think this is fox and the spots are applied to give it a pattern.
    Is the fur really soft?

Yahiko likes this.
  7. Bonnie Bien

Bonnie Bien VFG Member

there is a chance that is lynx too. Without seeing it in person really hard to tell.

Yahiko likes this.
  8. RobbyH

RobbyH Registered Guest

I'm like 70% sure it's a dyed fox. A bit hard to tell from just photoes though...

Yahiko likes this.
  9. Yahiko

Yahiko Registered Guest

waah thanks for answering. Im guessing its a dyed fox the texture and length of the fur is very similar to fox i own.

Ive never see the flesh portion of a lynx. But a lot has said that the black markings on the flesh are dyed.

10. Yahiko

Yahiko Registered Guest

Lot has said this too. So i think majority wins hahaha will hunt sable, lynx and chinchilla on my next thrifting venture!

11. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

I don't think "majority rule" is the way to go with facts! If you plan to resell, you will need to know if it is legal where you live and legal to transport. You should take to a furrier in you area.

The Vintage Merchant and Yahiko like this.
  12. love shushi

love shushi Registered Guest

I don't know much about this but this looks beautiful.

Yahiko likes this.
  13. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Yahiko likes this.
  14. Yahiko

Yahiko Registered Guest

ohh im keeping this one for myself I just wanted to know a little bit info about the fur, hence I said majority wins. Sadly, in my country there is no furrier so mostly relying on info here.