1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, I am Looking for info on this dress. Stone Ferris for Mike Benet Formals

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by PamGordon, Sep 16, 2013.

1. PamGordon

PamGordon Registered Guest

My daughter just purchased this from a local Goodwill, and is totally in love with it! She would like to know the approximate age, and value. It is fully beaded, and lined. I have uploaded several pictures including one of the label.

Attached Files:

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

That is a spectacular dress! We don't give valuations here, but the heavily beaded design and shawl style shoulders are typical of 1980's cocktail and evening dresses. Using this you can search for similar styles in sold ebay listings etc.

We have some info on Mike Benet formals in our label resource here: http://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/benet-mike/
    We don't currently have your label , so if possible, could you kindly upload a clearer/straighter photo of the label so that we can add it please?

3. PamGordon

PamGordon Registered Guest

Thanks, I also thought it was from around the 80's. I have re-uploaded the label, after cropping it, and will try and get a better photo of it from my daughter. Nothing came up online when we were searching Stone Ferris for Mike Benet Formals. So I appreciate your response.

4. Stephanie Overstreet

Stephanie Overstreet Registered Guest

If your daughter ever decides she doesn't want that dress anymore I'd be interested in purchasing it from you. I adore Mike Benet formal dresses, and this one is particularly

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  5. zylacourtney

zylacourtney Registered Guest

this is stunning .. i like the dress but i don't know the exact age..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
  6. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

From a newspaper article writen in 1982 -

Mike Benet Formals started as a family operation in 1957. “Texas beauty Shirley Cochran won the 1974 Miss America title modeling one of its gowns. Coal Mine’s daughter Loretta Lynn made it to the Grand Old Opry wearing one. And Cloris Leachman showcased one in the TV movie, “The Great American Beauty Pageant.