1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Identifying Fur Needed!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by awaywiffairies, Sep 13, 2009.

1. haha! I know exactly what you mean! I bought a coney fur stole at the vintage fair on Sunday and it's sooooooooooooo soft and yummy! I thought coney was something really exotic but turns out it's another name for rabbit - oh well! :booze:

2. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

I really cant get a proper look at this fur appears musky, not to be confused with muskrat/musquash l mean, which it may be, or even marmot, not fox, not mink, one of the former, even possibly rabbit......
    sorry but the pics are very flat looking..

sometime sl think if we could skype cam eachother it may be easier to 'see' furs...

3. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

My addiction is fake furs, I have 4 now in my personal collection and 2 to sell, so I thought it was something, it so is not what I thought - it's lovely though! Man I want to go to one of those vintage fairs!!

4. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

Val, Don't they have ANY vintage fairs at all around your way? I can't wait to do my first vintage fair, I'm so excited!!!

Sarasattic - yep, I agree you really do need to see, touch the fur in person to tell what it is, a photo is near useless and must be quite frustrating for members trying to help.

Louise, I'm loving your new avatar, very posh, ok ya!

Sarah