1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me date this 2 pc sarong set

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TheVintagePeddler, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Hi All,
    I love some opinions on the date of this outfit.
    The label to me looks older, like early 60's maybe 50's.
    TIA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

oooh!!! I love it (and its ORANGE)! That is very typical mid 60s orange before things started moving into that sunset orange/mustard/avacado color scheme in the late 60s/early 70s.

I like the style of the top. Most are made so a gal can't wear regular undergarments with it.

To me the label looks older too. COlor+ label I would say 60s, but maybe the Hawaii experts have something to say. The ruffle on the hem if that is what I am seeing looks 70s to me, and the print, at least how I am seeing it is a bit arty versus straightforward hawaiian. I am betting its more like 60s though.

What does the size say? that might give you a clue too on how it runs.

3. Size is just marked 's' so that doesn't help much.

4. Patentleathershoes

Hmmm... I wonder when that started.

I now see the last two photos, for some reason I didn't see em teh first time. Maybe they took longer to load. At any rate. I had a Hawaiian dress from the 70s that had that assymetrical ruffle on the skirt. that's the thing that is throwing me off from being 50s/60s. .....but i am still leaning 60s because of the color.

Okay Hawaiian/beachy experts...it is YOUR TURN :)

5. Patentleathershoes

Well I guess that settles it, Marie. Its orange and a size small, so looks like you will have to mail it to me so that I can truly verify the date since no one else has spoken up LOL! (its probably an ultra small though) hee hee

I bet the hawaii experts will be back tomorrow if anything unless you want to take my uneducated word and then put a disclaimer that if you turn out to have stated incorrectly that rotten tomatos get thrown at me.

:P

6. I bet you'd look cute, cute, cute in it too!

You may have to bid.

I'll go with 60's but I'll leave out the tomato part cuz I just nice that way.

Marie

7. Patentleathershoes

I'll be watching for it Marie (of course only if the measurements work)

8. materialmemories

materialmemories Registered Guest

Oh, LOVE those FISH!!!!!
    It looks very early 60's to me...SWEET!!!