1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me dating and identify this vintage fur coat please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mademoiselle V, May 7, 2022.

1. Mademoiselle V

Mademoiselle V Registered Guest

Dear all,

I hope you can help me :)

I was given a beautiful (vintage?) fur coat (I would say XS maybe S) and I really like it :)

The label says : Sinikka Furs - Fremantle - W.A.
    (it is in Australia)

It is quite heavy, warm, soft and beautiful and in pretty good condition but I have very little informations about its origin etc so I don’t really know how old it is (I m thinking late 70s, 80s) but hard to tell…I think maybe you would know…. it is in good condition (barely no stains and only the lining is slightly damaged…and again nothing major)

I don’t really know much about it so I was wondering if by any chance someone would know (based on the pictures) what kind of fur it is (mink?)

I believe the lining was altered also, not sure if it is the orignal one… although it is the same lining colour (kind of silk orange) in the two pockets outside

Also recently I noticed there is a “secret pocket” inside on the side of the lining (see picture attached) and when I looked inside , there was a sewing label but not a printed one, a handwritten one, with I believe someone name and telephone but because time has passed you can barely read it properly

Any information/advise how to take care of this coat would be more than welcome

Thank you for your help and your time, I really appreciate

Wishing you a lovely day all

Attached Files:

2. Ken at Aero

Ken at Aero Registered Guest

A picture of the label would be a big help

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President