1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Need help with Wragler Jeans care labels identification

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by pickermall, Sep 22, 2019.

1. pickermall

pickermall Registered Guest

Hi all, I'm new to these forums, so please bear with me... I need some help.

I recently decided to sell denim jeans on the bay, and am kind of narrowed down to Levi's, Lee's and my favorite brand, Wrangler.

I am hoping that I can find a resource to figure out the age of the jeans I find. I am focusing on Made In USA stuff (I find the denim is of a heavier better quality). I know the secret is in the care tags... I think the ones I am finding are 1970's or 1980's, but they could be later than that. I'm looking at the format of the label, font, font size and thickness, etc.

Any help is appreciated. I am attaching photos of the care labels on the three jeans I bought this weekend. The pocket patch, the tag above the back pocket and the fasten button all have the rope script logo. I have other pairs with the logo on the button with the style on the care tags attached.

The Wrangler tags are the biggest mystery to me.

Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Those tags look 70s to me but it would be best to see a photo of the pants to be sure.

3. pickermall

This is the first pair

Attached Files:

4. pickermall

This is the second pair

Attached Files:

5. pickermall

This is the third pair (black jeans) - Thanks for helping out, carla rey!

Attached Files:

6. pickermall

Hmmm... I tried that by Googling that number, but A LOT of stuff came up... how do I reference that number?

7. pickermall

Does anyone of any info?

8. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

I would say later 70s for the first 2 pairs, early 80s for the black pair.

pickermall likes this.
  9. pickermall

I wish there was a sure-fire way to really be able to tell, but I was thinking the same thing... thanks!

10. Marzilli_Vintage

Marzilli_Vintage VFG Member

Photos of the zipper pulls would probably help.