1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed YSL classic trench coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Iris1, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Iris1

Iris1 Registered Guest

Hi. We inherited an excellent condition YSL trench coat but is it a fake? Any help identifying it would be appreciated. Thank you.[/ATTACH] image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Hello,

The VFG is unable to authenticate items - please see the terms and rules of the forum:

"5 - Trade Members of the VFG are unable to authenticate designer labels on the forums. For authentication we recommend contacting the design house directly."

Authentication requires more information that is able to be provided by a few photos, but I do have some comments on your coat:
    • The labelling shows it to be a modern piece, perhaps from the '90s or more recent.
    • I'm not a YSL expert but if you research you should be able to find out if they have been manufacturing in Korea. I'm a little sceptical, as an Asian manufacturer often suggests a fake, rather than authentic but some designers do manufacture in these regions.
    • Your coat seems to have been made for the Australian market - I haven't seen a YSL label like yours, with "Australia" and "France" but again, that's not to say that it's not authentic.

3. Iris1

Iris1 Registered Guest

Hi There, Many thanks for your reply. Yes the coat is in Australia - however the coat is definitely late 70s early 80s latest as it was in the family then.
    I've also been in touch with YSL but they say they do not authenticate labels, and I haven't been able to find out if they manufactured in Korea at any point.
    If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
    Thanks so much.