1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Oufit needed for Vintage Fair!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by awaywiffairies, Sep 9, 2009.

1. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

2. That's gorgeous Sarah! :)

3. awaywiffairies

4. That pattern is lovely too! :)

Here's me in the dress I've just purchased for the Champagne birthday party at the end of October.

[​IMG]

5. awaywiffairies

You look great Louise and I had a peek at your blog yesterday and saw those pics...you just have to keep waving that gorgeous frock under my nose, dontcha lol! :lalala: :drinking2:

I prefer the first pattern and I'm sending the info to a dressmaker in UK but I know she's gonna be expensive (posh voice, posh prices) so I'd probably have to sell alot of frocks at the vintage fair to cover the one I'll be wearing!

Sarah

ps where's your head gone on the photos?

6. haha! I would normally have included my face but I'd literally just got out of bed when the postman arrived with the frock! I had to do a super-quick change before Simon went to work so he could take my photo. Didn't want to scare everyone with my 'just got out of bed' look. :)

7. awaywiffairies

Looks lovely with that stole and jacket and the shoes too....great ensemble Louise, I bet you can't wait.

What fabric is it? Does it have a bit of give? I need to decide on a good fabric that will do just that!

Sarah

8. Hi Sarah, It's cotton but has a lovely lustre/sheen to it. Nice smooth texture. Medium weight cotton fabric.

9. awaywiffairies

Sounds like lovely fabric..

I searched last night and found this, but not sure of that neckine (I seem to be loving those Vogue patterns)
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28560612

however, I'm still in love with this:
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29956645

Obviously I wouldn't look like the sketches lol, so print is gonna b important. I guess big florals like on your dress is best avoided. I was thinking of maybe a plain colour ie black, navy, royal blue, or brown but with very very tiny poka dots, that they're not evident. I adore big florals, but I would look huge. Any suggestions?

Sarah

10. Both of them are gorgeous but the second one (your fave) is also mine. :)

11. awaywiffairies

....so in a dotty design? Sorry if I'm driving you nuts, last question sweetie! :spin:

12. I think dots will work great. Also the florals should work - the same as on my frock. Don't see why they shouldn't work for you too. :)

13. awaywiffairies

Hi Louise,

I'm going to order that first pattern and I have found a dressmaker who is a train ride away (I have no wheels atm so that's good). Price quoted is what I consider reasonable, but what do I know lol! But she sounds helpful and patient and experienced and loves Vogue patterns, so great! Also, she talks about what suits my shape etc, yeah!

Going to pop over there on Sat and discuss fabrics, yeah! I would love the fabric on my Beau Mel floral dress that is believed to be Peau De Soie silk satin (it's on Etsy), that would feel fabulous!

I assume she'll want me in my underwear to measure and that fills me with unbridled horror! Now how do I lose 2 stone by Sat..oh and get rid of the cellulite and stretch marks lol!?

Sarah

14. Hi Sarah,

I wouldn't even give your size a second thought. She sounds like a very professional tailor and she'll have made clothes for people in all shapes and sizes. The only perfect humans beings I've ever come across are air-brushed to 'high-heaven' in glossy magazines. You're a perfectly shapely lady who's going to look amazing in your new 'made-to-measure frock. Good luck on Saturday. :)

15. Sweetrockingal

Sweetrockingal Registered Guest

oh i hope i'm not to late i've been away for a bit and just saw this.... but you are my size only im more hippy and i have loads of vintage 50s/40s wear.... what exactly are you looking for? i have pants, dresses, skirts, full circle dresses and skirts, frocks, party dresses.... be proud of your cuves hun aint nothing like accentuating your ass-ets :cheer:

16. awaywiffairies

...just noticed your reply Sweetrockingal. Yes, I had ordered the dress pattern the day before you posted, but hey ho....u2u me with a link to your shop and I'll check it out for other occasions. ;)

Sarah