1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help to identify/authenticate LEVI'S label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Gayle Atkins, Feb 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Gayle Atkins

Gayle Atkins Registered Guest

Hi all

I was hoping that one of you might be able to help me to authenticate a top that I got yesterday. Grey jersey on the lower half, quilted poly cotton on the top half, half zip, sleeves slightly batwing. Not the most exciting sweat top I've ever seen but it has a LEVI'S logo. I'm not familiar with this design. Could it be fake? Please see photos.

Thank you all in advance :)

DSC_0123.jpeg DSC_0124.jpeg DSC_0125.jpeg DSC_0126.jpeg DSC_0127.jpeg DSC_0128.jpeg DSC_0129.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

As per our forum rules, we cannot authenticate items here. The care label might help with dating, but I cannot really see it in your photo. Could you post a close-up that is clearly readable?

3. Gayle Atkins

Gayle Atkins Registered Guest

Ah, so sorry. Apologies for the schoolgirl error and thank you for your response. I've attached a photo of the care label; I had no luck photographing the first side (my camera wouldn't focus on the label itself - probably because it's white, shiny with very little text) but the rear didn't end up looking too bad. The rear text reads "wash and dry separately. Colour will bleed. Do not tumble dry. 90617.69.U87. The front label text (the text that didn't photograph well at all) reads 'Made in Portugal. Large. L

Thanks again :) DSC_0221.jpeg