1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with authenticating a vintage Dior blazer

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Annevan, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Annevan

Annevan Registered Guest

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and joined for help to solve the mystery of a Dior blazer/jacket that my husband bought me at a vintage shop in Nice, France about 3 years ago.

Out of curiosity, I started looking for the style on vintage sites to see what it might be worth, but I can't find a single photo that exactly matches it. It has a distinct fabric, collar shape and cuff detail. The only similar Dior jacket images I've been able to find with that collar are dated in the 80s.

From studying the VFG label guide, the label on the jacket also fits with a late 80s or early 90s period.

The fabric is off white/cream with brown pin striping and could possibly be silk. There is no sizing on the jacket, but I was about a size 6 when it fit me. It fits like a bar jacket, with a narrow waist.

I would be grateful for any help to authenticate this jacket or put a value on it.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Hello, Annevan, and welcome!

I'm going to direct you to articles 5 and 6 of our forum guidelines on our Welcome page. And, please don't feel bad: it seems a lot of our new visitors miss this!

• 5 - Trade Members of the VFG are unable to authenticate designer labels on the forums. For authentication we recommend contacting the design house directly.
    • 6 - Trade Members of the VFG are unable to value items posted in the forums. For valuation we recommend professional appraisers or searching sold values on sites such as Ruby Lane and ebay.

3. Annevan

Annevan Registered Guest

Oh so sorry about that! I was hoping to find an unbiased opinion. I will try to seek the information elsewhere. Thanks for letting me know.

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

someone here may have some ideas about your jacket for you, we just are unable to actually authenticate it for you. :)

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President