1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP WITH CHANEL BLAZER - UNIQUE TAG

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Work_of_Heart, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Work_of_Heart

Work_of_Heart Registered Guest

Hello Ladies, I wonder if you can help me please? I bought this blazer and need to learn more about it. Can you help? I have never seen this tag before but I have seen the name 'Chanel' written like this on another tag with 'Gabrielle Chanel' on it.​

Attached Files:

2. Hello and thank you for starting a new thread :)

Designer names are often copied and Chanel, arguably the most successful fashion label is probably the most copied of all - there are many different labels you will find over the decades with that name on it, the earliest I've found was 1950s - I suspect it was the first designer to be faked.

In other words, I would be very surprised if you have a genuine Chanel garment there - I think on the other thread I posted for you there was mention that we can't authenticate but sometimes it's fairly straight forward. Your label reminds me of the labels found on Asian-made garments and the style seems to be of the mid to late 1980s, the first decade when designer fakes became broadly available in large quantities.

I can't read the numbers on the label, but if you google them, you might find out where it came from - which city or country perhaps?