1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with dating coat label: Bedells

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by AnnDenise, Oct 22, 2019.

1. AnnDenise

AnnDenise Registered Guest

The tag says Bedells Portland and is on a off white cashmere coat. When I look it up I only get Lilli Ann coats so I'm a bit confused. By style alone I would guess 1950s but I'm still new to dating things.

Attached Files:

2. 196t's

196t's Registered Guest

Hi! Could you please post photos of the coat itself? That way, it might be easier to date it.

3. AnnDenise

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

It looks C. 1950s to me, too. Bedell's was a department store in Portland. A little Googling brought up this information:

https://www.genealogy.com/forum/surnames/topics/bedell/1195/

Sometimes stores put their own labels into pieces that they purchased or ordered so it is likely that Bedell's sold the coat but didn't manufacture it.

5. AnnDenise

Great, thank you for your help! I also saw that Bedells was a store but I wasnt aware that they sometimes put their own label into clothes they didn't make, guess you learn something new every day!:)