1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Dating Vintage Wedding Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by RamosVintage, Jun 20, 2021.

1. RamosVintage

RamosVintage Registered Guest

Hi! I’m new here! I’m looking to date a vintage dress. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’m not sure I even put it together right. It was in three pieces.

Attached Files:

2. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome to the VFG. I am not an expert on this era, but I think your dress is Edwardian (C.1900 - 1910.) I think it's an afternoon summer dress, not a vintage wedding dress. Let's see what others think about the way you have it displayed. I think photo #7 that shows the yellow embroidery is the front and I'm not sure if the collar was meant to be detachable but I think it would fasten in the back when worn.

3. RamosVintage

thank you so much for your reply! So just to clarify you think the photo number 7 should be the very top of the three pieces? Is it possible these pieces don’t all go together? Thanks again!!

4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

when i first looked at your photos, it seemed to me that you have more than a single vintage garment there.

I would suggest photographing each garment individually, without the layering. then maybe it will become clearer what you have. :)

5. carla rey

carla rey VFG Member

Yes, I think that's 2 different dresses.

6. Linn

Looking at all the photos again I agree that you have two different dresses. I agree that you should take a photo of each piece separately.

7. RamosVintage

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the feedback as I’m still learning. Here are more photos, all of the pieces separated (3) and some up close photos of the fabric. I need help labeling them and also with pricing if anyone is willing.

Attached Files:

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  8. RamosVintage

thank you. I posted separate photos. I appreciate the help.

9. Linn

Thank you. It looks like you have (3) separate garments - is that correct? I've tried to put the close ups with the dresses. Please add any pictures that I didn't show and indicate which dress they go with.

This is what I think you have. (Again - this is not my area of expertise but I think they are afternoon dresses from the Edwardian or early 20C. teen period. )

Dress One:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dress Two

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dress 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RamosVintage

Yes that looks correct. Three dresses.

11. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

That looks right to me as well. Except. I am wondering whether the high neck lace piece you show pinned to the front of the mannequin under the first dress might belong to an otherwise absent fourth dress. The shade of white looks wrong and the type of lace doesn't look cohesive with the rest of the dress.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    The Vintage Merchant likes this.