1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with era and style

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MorganlVintage, Jul 5, 2017.

1. MorganlVintage

MorganlVintage Registered Guest

hello!
    I purchased this cotton jumpsuit recently from a small vintage store. The seller thought it was 1940s, but I was thinking it could be a pair of beach pajamas from the 20s/30s. The fabric is very thin and lightweight and it looks like it has that wide leg style of beach pajamas. There are no zippers/buttons/ fastenings, it's just meant to be a pull-on.Please help me out and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Nancylou

Nancylou Registered Guest

That sweet little print and piped tie seems like a 30s pajama. Are they a thin cotton? Sorry, I'm not much help. They are so cute!

3. I agree that they're more likely to be nightwear. The small straps on the centre front probably tie into a sort of faux bow.

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Yes, does seem to 30's nightwear, but you know there are gals who would wear it as a daytime garment now.