1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with finding any garment from WW2 with this label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by missy hyatt, Jul 10, 2014.

1. missy hyatt

missy hyatt Registered Guest

Midge
    I would love to hear about what magazines you have. I have about 50 or so German women's and fashion magazines. I had no idea people in the US would be interested in that. I could never figure out the monthly pattern they put in them. it is a million times worse than the CW Peterson's and Godey's. I have only started sewing CW dresses and making bonnets. I don't think I could ever do a real 30/40s style clothing. Is the 1940s Fashion book this Jonathan on here? I have a few 40s books or war time but they are either British and their fashion was so different or US. The German/Italian has been hard to find for me.

2. missy hyatt

missy hyatt Registered Guest

me again what made the whole made by Aryan hands was that the cotton, sheep etc was grown or breed by Germans, harvested and even spun and weaved the fabric all by Aryan hands..,... How impossible could that be done now to any group?

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Well, the ADEFA suit sold yesterday (July 13) for $1,025, with 22 bids. It was item #231276250136.

4. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

There is at least one other ADEFA item for sale now. Search for item number 291170286829.

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

also found one other suit that had sold.

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm actually in Switzerland :) - and got most of these mags through my friend in Austria. I have not yet attempted to make something from these patterns (I've got a few of Beyers Modeblatt für Handarbeit and several of Praktische Mode, one Record and a few issues of Elegante Welt - just a fashion magazine, no patterns). My mom has attemped a 30s pattern from Record, and she says it was pretty tricky - and she's an experienced sewer. The sheets already look very confusing, there's so much on it, and of course the instructions are kept super short - after all, at the time everybody knew how these things worked anyway.

I had a look through my issues of Elegante Welt, but there's nothing about ADEFA in them. I had just been thinking that maybe they would advertise in fashion magazines too...

7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry - I forgot to add, the book I meant is "Forties Fashion" by Jonathan Walford - yes, that's Jonathan who replied to this thread as well. I can really recommend it. It doesn't concentrate on one country but shows fashions from all over the world.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Mary Jane - the suit you had the link to is the earlier Adefa label I was thinking of - before the eagle logo label.

9. Michel

Michel Registered Guest

Hiya,
    I found a black velvet dress with some fabric flowers and leaves, with a label "ADEFA Arbeitsgemeinschaft Deutsch e.V. , Deustcher Fabrikant," so on.

[text removed by admin]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014