1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with label DOLLYLONGLEGS by Sambo (Dollyrockers interest)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Gayle Atkins, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Gayle Atkins

Gayle Atkins Registered Guest

Hi all
    I found the most amazing fringed mini dress with the label DOLLYLONGLEGS by Sambo; obviously a sideline of Dollyrockers. I can't find any information about that specific label at all - does anyone have any clues? It's most likely late 1960s and short; 30.5" shoulder to the bottom of the fringes.
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Gayle Atkins

Pics for reference...

Attached Files:

3. Melody Note Vintage

Melody Note Vintage VFG Member

What is the zipper made of? Metal? I have hard of Dolly Rockers, but not this brand -- could be connected? My gut says late 1060s or early 1970s. Hope that is helpful.

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I've never seen this label, yes agree it must be a sideline of Dolly Rockers. Same font and Sambo.

With that length measurement, given that there must be about 6" of fringe, I think this might be a tunic, rather than a dress? Perhaps it had matching (fringed!?) shorts or trousers.

Along the same lines, I can't help wondering if Dolly Long Legs was a 'Tall' line - for long legged tall women!

This kind of thing - just a thought.
    [​IMG]

Melody Note Vintage likes this.
  5. Gayle Atkins

Hi - it's a metal zipper so most likely late 60s/70s. I've seen loads of Dollyrockers dresses but never a Dollylonglegs. Definitely connected to Dollyrockers as they've used the same font. Thanks for your reply :)

6. Gayle Atkins

You could be right on the tunic front; it would be very revealing as a dress...

7. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

exactly!