Help with RN 27049 Gene Shelly….

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Uma24, Jul 2, 2024 at 1:36 PM.

Tags:
  1. Uma24

Uma24 Registered Guest

Hello! I have a dress with only this paper tag with RN 27049. There is no maker’s label, so I decided to look it up. The database indicates Gene Shelly Boutique Intnl. This is obviously not one of the beautifully beaded knit dresses Gene Shelly is known for. Any ideas why this RN number is on a cotton shift dress?

Many Thanks!

upload_2024-7-2_11-15-48.jpeg

2. dollsntrolls

dollsntrolls VFG Member

In thinking that is a 4, it does seem to be registered to Gene Shelly's International Boutique. But, if that blob is a different number...? I mean, I saw a 4, too, but I don't know that I've ever seen anything but hand beaded knits come from that shop. I'd be more inclined to check on other options for what that number could be, and to whom the RN is registered. There is no way you could list this as a Gene Shelly, I don't think there is enough proof, and you would be misrepresenting this piece. (That is, if you are researching to sell.)

Uma24 and BlackLotusVintage like this.
  3. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member

I believe it is probably 27099- HAWAII TEXTILE MFG CO LTD, Honolulu Hawaii.
    What is printed just under the seam edge at the top?
    Image1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024 at 7:32 AM
  4. Uma24

Uma24 Registered Guest

Makes much more sense as 27099 HAWAII TEXTILE MFG CO LTD, but it sure does look like a 4, not a 9. COTTON is printed right above the RN number.
    Thanks for your response!

5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Two votes from our house for that number being 27049. If you lift the fabric above the number, what is that black ink from/for?

Earlier I looked for information about Gene Shelly and IIRC I found some reference to non-beaded Shelly fashions, but we had a power outage that wiped out what I had open on my screen and I will have to look for it again.

Shusteroo, Uma24 and dollsntrolls like this.
  6. Uma24

Uma24 Registered Guest

Single word COTTON is printed above the RN number. I sure hope you find the information again. Thanks!

7. Shusteroo

Shusteroo VFG Member

I agree it does look like 27049, but as the 4 is a bit blobby, could it possibly be a 6 instead?
    RN27069 is Ideal Manuf Co, Gardner, Illinois

8. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member

Can we see a photo of the whole garment?