1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With YSL Rive Gauche Fringed Scarf

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Rachel Parry, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Rachel Parry

Rachel Parry Registered Guest

Hello, can anybody help with this scarf? I have found a velvet version from the eighties, but I can't find any in this silkier fabric. I'm also a little bit dubious because the label has clearly been detached and sewn back on badly, and there is no fabric content label. I can see from the marks on the fabric below that there was a label there, I'm just worried that someone might have swapped the labels for some reason! I'm wondering if anyone else might have come across one like it.

Attached Files:

2. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

That is a modern label (at the earliest it could be c 2005) but since it is badly sewn on it is difficult to tell if it is the original. Can you see if there are pin prick even marks around the label somewhere where it could have been originally sewn on? The VFG does not authenticate items, the embroidery looks pretty neatly done but I can't comment on the rest of the scarf or weather I think it is genuine.

Midge likes this.
  3. Rachel Parry

Rachel Parry Registered Guest

there are,
    Hello, yes I can see where either the label or another one was originally attached underneath. It looks like the top right corner is in the right spot, but has maybe come loose down the left and someone has done a right bad job of restitching!

Attached Files:

GemGem likes this.
  4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Potentially the correct label then :)

5. Caleb Phillips

Caleb Phillips Registered Guest

FCD252F7-B841-41B9-9D82-0484CCF486A0.jpeg Hello! So I’m 99.9% sure this is Tom Ford for YSL Fall 2001

He showed this same scarf in black but also had the same mauvey purple colored silk dresses/skirts/tops etc on the runway.

2B5DC83A-9DED-4CCB-81A6-E3E415F6D591.jpeg

6. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Yes that's the 01/02 Mexican collection. While I am not certain I believe the catwalk scarves are a fine silk velvet, possibly some with the velvet burnout (Devore) as the beautiful Devore skirt. I did find one close up but it's not impossible that there were silk as well as velvet scarves in this collection, Does the one you have, have very long tassels? Also I don't see the logo on the catwalk images, I imagine they would show it?

Edit: I also found one for sale in the same colour with the embroidered logo in the fine silk velvet, I can't post a link here because it is a listing for sale and against forum rules. Just wanted to let you know.

ysl scarf 01:02.jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Caleb Phillips likes this.