1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi + I need help......

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by erin hutchings, Sep 27, 2004.

1. erin hutchings

erin hutchings Registered Guest

Hi everyone....

My name's Erin and I'm from Australia.....nice to meet some people with the same addiction! As my grandmother says.....it could have been much worse......

Ummmm, I've been collecting since I was 14 and have quite a few vintage peices that are designer labled and I would love some advice on the values.....one in particular and the best is a black pure wool dress Christian Dior (Diorling) London and has the number 2464 on the label.....I've heard they're worth quite a bit. It resembles closely something Catherine Denevue would have worn in the film "Belle de Jour"...anyway I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with an estimate price??? It's a mid 60's number.....and in mint condition....

Help!!

Thanks very much and looking forward to chatting....

Erin :P

2. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

Hi Erin,

Welcome to the VFG. We have lots of members who will give you good advice, but I'm not one of them, unfortunately. I just wanted to be the first to welcome you.

I do know that we will need pictures to provide the best advice (also we are nosy and want to see all your stuff). To post a picture here. click on the icon above that has a right-pointing black arrow pointing to a square image with "mountains." It's right next to the # sign. Then enter the url for your image. The image must be stored on a web host somewhere first.

Good luck,
    Ellen

3. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Welcome Erin! :)

Definitely pictures would help, plus like Ellen says - we're nosy. hahaha!!

4. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Hi Erin!

Yes! Welcome! There are some very knowledgable members here with
    very diversified experience in different areas.

Definitely post a pic (or pics) and someone will be able to help you
    out.

The label on it's own sounds like a good one, but it is hard to tell
    without seeing the item

Sue

5. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Hi Erin and welcome! If you have a digital camera or a photo and a scanner, when you reply, you can hit "post reply" underneath the last mssage instead of doing the quick reply box. It will bring up a field at the bottom that says "attach image". you can use that if you don't have a web image hosting service.

Chris

6. Hi Erin!! Nice to have you here. Hopefully, you can get a pic up soon. We love to give advice!:D

7. artisannes

artisannes VFG Member VFG Past President

Mid 60's puts it in the Marc Bohan period and unfortunately, it is not the most valuable Dior era. He took over from Yves St. Laurent who took over from Dior himself. If it has London on it, it will be a licensed design, again it's the Paris stuff that has a higher value - if you will excuse me referring to yummy vintage as stuff :)

However, it is still Dior and numbered and if you post a pic then someone more brilliant than I (yo Jonathan) should be able to price it.

Anne

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

What She said...

"Diorling" is also one of the lesser expensive lines. It doesn't mean its worth nothing, just don't set your sights high. You are probably looking at something worth in the $75 - $250.00 range, but that all depends on size, design, era, condition...

9. ourbabyroo

ourbabyroo Registered Guest

No help to add (sorry!) but just wanted to WELCOME you Erin! :)

Make yourself at home!

Christine