1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Holly" by Elen Henderson

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by DrStock, Jan 30, 2010.

1. DrStock

DrStock Registered Guest

\"Holly\" by Elen Henderson

Can anyone help date a children's dress with "Holly" by Elen Henderson? I know that she was a children's clothing designer in Toronto.

2. cactusandcattails

cactusandcattails VFG Member VFG Past President

A photo of the label might help. Really hard to say with little girls dresses.

3. DrStock

DrStock Registered Guest

The label is white with very pale gray lettering. Because of this my camera will not take a decent picture of it (the label looks all white). The label reads Holly (large block letters) by/par Elen Henderson (cursive lettering). The care label includes "Made in Canada", 100% acrylic, size 3, CA 01122, and Style 5520.

Just some general estimates of possible dates will help me. Thanks.

Monica

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

To get a good picture of the label, stand a bit farther away from it in the sunshine without the flash. Then crop the photo on the computer. What I have found most effective is just putting it on a scanner. Just arrange the dress so that the label is on the glass, and go for it. It works every time.

There is a prior thread on Elen Henderson here that you may want to check out:

http://www.vintagefashionguild.org/forums/viewthread.php?tid=62631&page=1#pid631675

5. DrStock

DrStock Registered Guest

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try. I posted this current thread after having read the prior one, hoping to get some input from those earlier posters. I'll get the label up and see if I get some response. Thanks again.

Monica

6. proberts

proberts Registered Guest

Obituary for Shirley Cheatley
    CHEATLEY, Shirley Margaret
    Peacefully at Bridgepoint Health Centre, Toronto on Thursday, September 2, 2010, Shirley Henderson, in her 82nd year. Beloved wife of Albert “Pete” Cheatley. Loving mother of Peter (Linda) and David (Celia). Dear grandmother of Alexandra, Kate and Elen. Fondly remembered by her nieces Holly and Janet, great-nephew John Paul and friend Louise Free. Predeceased by her sister, Norma Warburton and grandson Christopher Cheatley, The family will receive friends at the HUMPHREY FUNERAL HOME – A.W. MILES CHAPEL, 1403 Bayview Avenue (south of Davisville Avenue) from 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 8. Service of remembrance in the chapel at 11:00 a.m. followed by a reception in the Rosedale Room of the funeral home. If desired, donations may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society, Ontario Division, 55 St. Clair Avenue West, Suite 500, Toronto M4V 2Y7 or Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, 14th Floor, Toronto M5G 1X8. Condolences and memories may be forwarded through www.humphreymiles.com.