1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

40s Princess Peggy house dress

[​IMG]

2. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I'm caught up through post 54. The newer ones will be in next week's update. Thanks so much to those who have contributed. We are closing in on 100 labels!

3. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

Great work Lizzie!!! I keep an eye out here at the shop daily.

Ang

4. morning-glorious

morning-glorious VFG Member

Here's another one I just listed, a 60's sweater with a knitting brownie on the label! MC would get a chuckle over that!

[​IMG]

Jen

5. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

6. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

7. Here's a bunch more, but it's the last of the cute labels I've been hanging onto. For now anyway!

[​IMG]</a>

60's men's sweater

[​IMG]</a>

40's men's rayon gab shirt

[​IMG]</a>

boy's 50's Hawaiian shirt

[​IMG]</a>

women's 50's sweater

[​IMG]</a>

hangtag from a women's 60's sweater

[​IMG]</a>

60's dress

[​IMG]</a>

70's Hawaiian dress

[​IMG]</a>

70's blouse

8. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

1940's

[​IMG]

1950's

[​IMG]

9. thespectrum

10. CRAZYBUBBA

CRAZYBUBBA Registered Guest

I saw these today and remembered this thread. Although I didn't know MC, I've been wanting to contribute to this thread for a while. Unfortunately I can't help with the decade, they're fairly modern and have care tags.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

[​IMG]

This label is on a pair of early wool ski pants - 1940’s perhaps. What is interesting is that the logo portrays a natural rock formation called “The Old Man of the Mountain” located in Franconia Notch, NH. For New Hampshire this image became the granite symbol of independence and stubborness. In 2003 , due to heavy rains and freezing temperatures, the whole thing collapsed.

[​IMG]

12. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

60s label

[​IMG]

this was on a pleated wool skirt, although appears it should have been on a pair of tailored pants.

13. morning-glorious

Label on a late 50's or early 60's Scottish wool plaid jacket, "Rally Klad."

[​IMG]

Jen

14. morning-glorious

label from a 50's or early 60's "Pandora BanLon" sweater:

[​IMG]

Jen

15. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Catching up here. I have all the labels showing but missed some that were taken down. Sorry about that.

Anyway, any labels posted here can now be removed.

16. TinTrunk

TinTrunk Registered Guest

I've been meaning to add something here too. I'm sorry that I never knew MC - she sounds like she was a wonderful character and this is such a great project as a tribute to her.

I need to explain that all these labels were, erm, 'collected' by me when I worked as a sorter in a charity warehouse some years ago. They were all from clothes that were being ragged so I took the chance to grab some of the more interesting labels. This means I don't have the garments they came from, but I'll do my best to date them approximately (corrections most welcome!)

And some may or may not be suitable for the novelty page - I'll just add them and you can decide if they qualify!

OK, first up is a 'Uwin' logo patch from a pair of 1950s swimming trunks:

[​IMG]

This is a great men's sportswear label with a noble looking polo player! I think it probably dates from the 1940s:

[​IMG]

A groovy label that looks very late 60s, or possibly early 70s. I'm not sure but I think this was from a nylon coat or jacket (it has a very warm and thick interlining):

[​IMG]

This was very grubby, but its such a cute little West Highland Terrier (I think??)! I remember this item - it was a plaid woollen scarf, and possibly dates from the 30s or 40s:

[​IMG]

Finally, a lovely large label showing a tailor's actual shop, in Lincoln. I can't remember the garment at all, but I'm guessing it dates from the 1970s:

[​IMG]

Sarah

17. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I didn't see these already in this group, but I may have missed...

Late 40s dress
    [​IMG]

Mid 40s suit
    [​IMG]

Early 70s coat
    [​IMG]

18. gatco

gatco VFG Member

Who would have ever thought I would find a label with my name on it.
    From a really hideous muu muu

[​IMG]

70's hot pant set
    [​IMG]

60's sweater
    [​IMG]

another 70's hot pants set
    [​IMG]

19. TinTrunk

TinTrunk Registered Guest

From a 70s blouse:

[​IMG]

Sarah

20. thespectrum

Some cool new cute labels here! Lizzie will love the little black Scotty from Sarah (Westies are white, I live next door to 4 of them...)

Fun to have the UK labels!

Ludi, who knew?

Thanks Maggie!