1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House is Flooding

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by wyogems, May 29, 2019.

1. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

I'm so sorry to hear this! we've been getting rain in Iowa nearly everyday for weeks now, and flooding is devastating. hope your pump can keep up, and that you have minimal damages from it....:no:

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Horrible spring this year! Hope you managed alright.

4. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Oh my -- how is everything this morning? Has the rain stopped?

wyogems likes this.
  5. Trust you’re able to keep the water away!

6. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

So very sorry. I live around Fort Smith which is having catastrophic flooding.
    Oklahoma also and Missouri.
    Prayers for you and all affected. Expected storms and more rain today.
    I am high and dry but so many have lost so very much and many do not have flood insurance.

7. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

:no:
    So sorry to hear.
    Water is so destructive.
    Hope you are able to keep damage at minimum.

8. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

I have it down to a dribble ...It is seeping up through the basement floor. My poor neighbors though their basement filled up.

9. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

So sorry to hear about this. Hope you stay as dry as possible.

10. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

I am so sorry. I hope you are safe and everything you have and that insurance will cover any damage you have.

11. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Oh how horrible... I hope it won't get worse! We had it in the basement once, but the neighbour next door got it in his flat.

12. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

No thank goodness my inventory is ok. I guess you never know how many things you save that really don't matter. I am getting rid of allot of stuff that I am actually glad to see go. Still trying to dry out though
    Thanks you guys.
    Metro Retro when you reply I see that cutest kitty talking to me. It is so funny how she matches your personality. lol

13. foofoogal

So sorry. Hope you are coming along in getting it all back to where you want it all to be.

I was getting ready for a Hurricane once and basically put my life in 2 plastic tubs to get ready.

It all turned out right but that was sure an eyeopener relating to your things comment. My best.

wyogems likes this.
  14. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

I am just finished sorting and rearranging and things look better than they ever did. I guess I needed a good swamping out. lol

15. foofoogal

Haha. Goodness. Silver lining I guess.
    I do hope you did not lose precious items.
    New beginnings are good at times. My best.

16. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

I lucked out because the water filtered up and through cracks in the concret it was clear. My poor neighbors got a layer of fine silt over everything.

17. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

So glad to hear that you didn't suffer any significant losses of your vintage!

Reorganizing is no fun, but it always feels great, once it's done. :)

wyogems likes this.
  18. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

Glad your vintage was OK and that you had relatively minor damage. Not fun though!

wyogems likes this.