1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How bad does this shoe photo thing look?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Patentleathershoes, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I guess i have way too much time on my hands, but i have really been trying hard to best show these shoes...as just photographing without a model or a foot form just does NOT do them justice. The way they wrap around just doesn't translate. I am going to get a hosiery foot..but didn't want to wait to photo these shoes..

[​IMG]

I put feet in the shoes, does this photo turned graphic explain enough, or is it silly?
    [​IMG]

Chris

2. Actually, the back/wraparound strap made immediate sense to me, looking at the first photo--and it's hard to get black velvet or suede both clear and without looking like it's coated in white light or lint.

Steph

3. Patentleathershoes

thanks Steph.

that's exactly the prob i had. The real photo that was used for the second one was taken too close to the camera so the color on it turned out bizarre. the black is a flocked material..so more like velvet than a true suede but oh so frustrating to photo!

I am going to try one more time to get a good decent side shot, but of course masking it out with those straps has been driving me nuts!

4. Patentleathershoes

I think i have a winner! Geez...sorry guys for "thinking aloud" :)

[​IMG]

5. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

that last shot looks good to me Chris, and you can definitely see how
    the straps wrap.

Sue

6. ellenm

ellenm Registered Guest

I liked that funny shot with the feet in them. It really shows the strap arrangement best.

7. Patentleathershoes

I ran with the last photo for the mall listing...but maybe i will throw that other in just for fun!