1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I found a Suzy!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by gaildavid, Jul 17, 2004.

1. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Hi everyone....I think I will hold off until a better ebay bidding environment to put this up for bid, but I couldn't resist picking up this Suzy Perette today. Sorry about the lousy photos....just got home and it is starting to get darkish outside......

This is the front....it has a metal side zipper...the material is a heavy damask black and blue.....doesn't have the same feel as a taffeta...more like a satin, but heavy....

<center>[​IMG]</center>

Here's the back:

<center>[​IMG]</center>

Just wanted an opinion....Is this a desirable Suzy? I've never come across one before, so I wasn't sure.....(I can post a pictute of the label if desired)

Thanks....Gail

2. Congrats on finding a Suzy! It's very lovely. I don't know if the style is desired by others, but I think it's yummy.

Carol

3. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I love the back draping! That is very pretty. And the fabric sounds a bit unusual for a Suzy. All I ever find are 60s Suzys, which are pretty, but I think the styling of yours is more desirable. Nice find!

Lizzie

4. It looks like gorgeous fabric and a nice, full skirt! Congrats, Gail!

Steph

5. What a dreamy dress! You should do very well with it, I have only found two Suzy's, one was a 50's number and the other I still have and it is a gaudy 60's itchy metallic dress.

6. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

Thanks everyone.......I'll put it away for later. I will really show off the dress with better photos....the skirt is indeed full and the fabric is wonderful. :)

Glad I made that stop yesterday.....almost drove right by ;)

Gail