1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love this jacket - but date check...?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Noir*Boudoir, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Now I know that the skirt wasn't a flash in the pan or more likely a label you would never hear from again so couldn't find any other items. I will have to keep my eyes open when looking for clothing for myself on the internet.

2. Noir*Boudoir

Noir*Boudoir Guest

Chris,
    Talking of keeping an eye open: I ventured into Top Shop's vintage concession this weekend, and I was amazed at how many early 80s pussy-bow blouses they had with what looks like the same label that's in your skirt - also a few 70s looking jackets with the larger label. I'll have to go in and check the modern label. On Ebay, you have to look carefully at what's available, as the more recent stuff is rather less thrilling. I'm wondering if the 'W' label was an extra line concurrent with the regular label...
    L

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It looks late 40s - but if its 50% poly then it has to be later. THey were doing a lot of 40s revivalism in the early 70s, and I can see this with elephant pants and platforms, I would guess c. 1973ish.

4. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Oohhh...70s looking jackets...that's right up my alley :)
    (of course 40s are also up my alley, and 40sish revival 90s...and...brocade..and...and ...and.. :) )

Just keep finding those 40s inspired jackets that are too short for you okay LOL