id of vintage levis jacket

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by mike mason, Oct 19, 2014.

1. mike mason

mike mason Registered Guest

can anyone tell me if this is a real jacket or fake, its labeled 70505 0217 wpl 423 no levis on the the red tab just an r thanks mike if its real how old?

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      124.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      82.3 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      60.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Hi Mike, as per the forum rules we cannot help with authenticity but if you would like to post some more photos we may be able to help with dating it. Unfortunately the current ones are too out of focus to see much, but the tan label looks brand new to me. If there is a care label please show both sides.

3. mike mason

mike mason Registered Guest

better pics thanks 001.JPG 003.JPG

4. Lauriev

Lauriev Registered Guest

I also have a vintage Levi jacket. I know it's original because it was my father's and has been in his closet for decades. Can you date it for me and suggest what it might be worth? I had a dealer offer me $500. just from seeing my photos.
    Thanks so much for any help.

Attached Files:

5. Sheila Dawson

Sheila Dawson Registered Guest

This is a Trucker Type I jacket, introduced in the early 1900's the clincher on the back appears to be a silver color, so before the mid 40's. During the 1940's Levis used bronze to cut costs. The Levis label would have 506XX lot number, but your jacket seems to be without the Levis label. We can't give value to items, but it's a very nice jacket. Anyone else have info?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  6. Lauriev

Lauriev Registered Guest

Thanks for the info Sheila. Is the clincher the piece with the two teeth? If so the clincher is actually bronze and the buckle is silver. The jacket has no label and no red tag but I read somewhere that some didn't have the tag. I've been doing some research and one "expert" said its from the late 40's and another said it was more like 1950-51. I'm learning a lot from this one jacket.