1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Candie Britland

Candie Britland Registered Guest

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting me join. I use VFG almost every day. I have a question about a gorgeous gold metallic tank top. I can't find the label any where. It is not BEBE, I have ruled that out. It is definitely Vintage. Could you possibly offer a brand?

I don't know whether you do this here, please let me know if I shouldn't ask this type of question.

Thanks, Candie

Attached Files:

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Tricky. It could be IBE?

I haven't heard of that as a brand, but that is what I think the label typography is pointing at, rather than BE, which is what I thought at first glance.

Does the care label give a country of origin?

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

... and yes, we can certainly try and help with this kind of question. The main things we can't help with are "is it real or fake?" and "how much is it worth?".

4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

The brand is definitely iBe and I see a fair amount of them listed on Poshmark. It appears to be an 80s-90s brand made in Hong Kong

GemGem, Distantdetails and Retro Ruth like this.
  5. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Agree it is "ibe" came on during the huge metallic wave during the mid to late 90s...all I can hear is Prince "1999"

Welcome to the VFG!

GemGem, Distantdetails and Retro Ruth like this.
  6. Candie Britland

Candie Britland Registered Guest

Thank you to everyone that replied. You are correct that it is IBE. I thought that was a decorative slash. Candie

Retro Ruth likes this.