1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifying Men’s Salvatore Ferragamo Penny Loafer

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by SaveTheShoes, Mar 24, 2024.

1. SaveTheShoes

SaveTheShoes Registered Guest

IMG_0331.jpeg IMG_0332.jpeg IMG_0335.jpeg IMG_0333.jpeg IMG_0336.jpeg IMG_0343.jpeg IMG_0345.jpeg IMG_0350.png Hello Everyone,
    I have a pair of black Men’s Salvatore Ferragamo Penny Loafer that I have researched and failed to identify. So far I have dated the label to the 70’s-80’s. The heel blocks are wooden and the heads of the nails can be seen in the picture. The bottoms are leather and are imprinted with the Salvatore Ferragamo Signature. I painted the leather bottoms of the shoes if you are wondering about the odd grain. The style/ID number inside the shoe has lead me nowhere. I am asking for your help to identify these shoes.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

What do you need to have identified? They are Ferragamo loafers - classic style that changes little, although I would go with the 1980s when that style was so popular maybe even into the early 90s.

3. SaveTheShoes

SaveTheShoes Registered Guest

Thank you for the information. I was not sure if there were specific styles from that era that were rare for one reason or another.