1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifying Old Fur Coat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by HMPenqs, Jun 15, 2021.

1. HMPenqs

HMPenqs Registered Guest

I’m looking to try and identify anything about this coat. There’s no label and the furrier I went to just said “yeah, it’s vintage”. It had what looked like a satin lining, cream colored that yellowed with age. I removed it because it was stained in several places and reeked. The fur is in good condition. The only marking on it are the faded out dye stamp and the blue pen markings. Any information would be helpful. Like when it might have been made? Or what it might be made of? It’s yellowed quite a bit which doesn’t show up in the pictures as well it does in real life, but the underside of the color is a really nice creamy color. The furrier said the color was for sure mink, but the body, no clue.

Attached Files:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That is hard to say just from a photo, but it resembles sheaved beaver. It would have been bleached, dyed and sheared. Not sure, lets see what others think. Can you show an extreme close up of the fur on the body of the coat?