1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identifying women's fur coat from movie

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by PhilMonty, Mar 18, 2018.

1. PhilMonty

PhilMonty Registered Guest

Hi all

This is going to be an odd request, but I'm trying to identify a women's fur coat worn by a character in the 1982 Australian movie Mad Max 2 (aka The Road Warrior). Everything in the movie was a "found object" and not custom made. Looks like a long sleeve coat with the pelt legs still attached and tied around this neck (I can see the nails on the feet in the pics). Maybe that part is a modification (?) 15174307276438438787234029725809.png vlcsnap-2018-03-10-14h42m10s818 (2).png

Searched ebay and the web and can't find anything close.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I am looking for?

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Hi there,

I would need to be able to see more images to clearly be able to identify that fur. I'm sorry.

3. PhilMonty

Can I email you some more pics or post them here...

4. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Please post them here. The resolution of the side view was very poor so hopefully you have more like the first. A back photo would be great.

5. PhilMonty

vlcsnap-2018-03-10-14h41m59s553.png

Does this help? I'll try to do some more screen caps, but he doesn't have a lot of screen time :)

6. PhilMonty

You can see the feet dangling in front of his chest. looks like the td.png y are tied together

7. PhilMonty

8. PhilMonty

bump, anyone have any advice?

9. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

I cannot tell from the photos, they just are not clear enough or close enough. What I do think is that he is wearing two different fur pieces, one on his head and another slung over his back.