1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm seeking out an era for this dress? Help me if you can I'm feeling down.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Rock that frock, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Rock that frock

Rock that frock Registered Guest

I can't find this label anywhere. I'm unsure of the style and era of it. Perhaps its just been a long day and my mind is on the fritz. Can anyone help me? By the way, you are the best at helping me with my vintage clothes. I can't thank you all enough! DSC_0123.jpg Sincerely, Joanne DSC_0121.jpg DSC_0127.jpg DSCN9756.jpg

Rue_de_la_Paix likes this.
  2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

The images below are from 1961 and you can see the same Immerman logo at the bottom. I am also posting here a slightly enlarged view of the text, for readabilty. Note that it says the business was established 21 years ago.

A 1964 blurb noted a Mr. Martin “bought the Endicott (NY) store from the estate of the late Esther Immerman, who died in April, 1963, after operating the business for about 20 years.”
    CC8A19BD-3156-4A4B-9C38-99B721F991C7.png

793908D4-E375-4E5C-ACD9-223EA4814B2E.jpeg

3. Rock that frock

You are such a super sleuth! I don't know how you ladies find this information, but you are great at it. Thank you so much.

Do you think the dress is from the early 60s or 50s?

:)

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

The dress looks mid-late 50s 1956-58ish

Rock that frock likes this.
  5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I forgot to include one small additional bit of information I found for you last night. A 1943 city directory for Endicott NY recorded Esther Immerman’s store, with Mrs. Esther Garfinkel Immerman “...prop(rietor) gowns, sportswear, coats, suits” at 137 Washington Ave.

Esther was married in Onondaga NY, in 1935, to Jacob Garfinkel.

6. Rock that frock

Thank you Jonathan! I really appreciate it!

Cheers,
    Joanne

7. Rock that frock

That is so Interesting. Thank you!

8. Another vote for mid to late '50s: lovely button detailing, would look really nice on as it's a flattering shape.

9. Rock that frock

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me Nicole! Have a wonderful Holiday! <3