1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imagine an Ideal Selling Platform

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by GemGem, Oct 6, 2021.

1. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

So i do wish we had a version of thrilling available in the uk but the support staff have just told me there are no plans to expand here (sad face)

Reading the thrilling thread and remembering other threads got me to thinking about what it is that sellers really want in a platform, gosh I may even start one myself .... so.....

What are the best attributes of each selling platform for everyone?
    Downsides?
    What would you add if you could?

Heres my wishlist

• I definitely want a product video for each listing
    • Huge traffic-obviously! (Ebay is hands down for that.)
    • A platform which ONLY sells vintage, although not limited to clothing alone i think accessories, home furnishings too
    • dosn't have high fees (5% or lower would be v attractive, i remember when ebay had 7.5%, now it's double minimum)
    • An integrated post system, including flat international fee (and all items tracked)...which is easy to use.
    • A platform which integrates seamlessly with social media
    • multi channel selling platform integrated...
    • I'd want a transparent search function algorythms which rewards/promotes sellers who have originality as well as high volume sales.
    • A fair returns policy. Where only items which are genuinely 'significantly' not as described can be returned, e.g if a seller has mentioned a couple of holes and shown the picture a buyer should not be able to get through the system by saying it is not as described because it has a couple of holes in... it's common sense but places like ebay have automated systems which leave many sellers in a tight spot over returns (and paying high return postage fees)
    • While im on that topic it would be good if the platform paid for any returns postage (this would certainly give incentive not to auto accept everything)
    • I want to add in good buying experience for buyer too, a platform where you can grow a following, have some community, a vibe

I'm not asking for much :), and i probably have a lot more to add to this list, well.... it's a wish list!

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

:hysterical:

3. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member