1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indentifying and dating lace jacket?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by stainedglass, May 16, 2017.

1. stainedglass

stainedglass Registered Guest

Hey everyone, I found this at goodwill and immediately bought it without any research. There are no labels anywhere but it feels very old in my opinion. If I had to guess i'd say it was 50's or earlier. I'm not sure, so that's why i'm here. When is this from? and what kind of jacket is this? It's got a cropped fit and 3/4 sleeves. Is it meant to go with a matching dress or some type of set? Thanks : ) IMG_4020.JPG IMG_4018.JPG IMG_4019.JPG

2. early 1960s - it probably had a matching dress originally.

3. stainedglass

stainedglass Registered Guest

thanks for the help!

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Donna, I had the same thought. Maybe we could see a close up of the lining? It might be an acetate taffeta. I was not sure either if it was a lightweight summer jacket from a dress set, or a bed jacket. Leaning now to a dress jacket, but not sure.

5. The frills do make it look more like a lingerie piece. I initially wondered if they'd been added but they look original.

The lining looks like acetate. The main reason I went with jacket was because if the long, diagonal darts. They indicate an early '60s date and I haven't seen those in bed jackets before.

6. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Nicole makes a good point. The lining is bit more constructed than what one would find in that period's bed jackets. And the Chantilly type lace was popular used in dresses then also. So I am leaning to it being a jacket for spring or summer dress.