1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info about Chinese Embroidered Kaidangku (split crotch baby pants)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Slimewarp, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Slimewarp

Slimewarp Registered Guest

I found these in a a huge junk shop in brooklyn, and cannot find ANY similar pieces online to compare them to. I know they are called Kaidangku, and that they are traditional Chinese baby/toddler alternative to diapers. I've seen several photos on Google, and tried every combo of search terms to find a pair of similar style so I can determine what they are worth and how old they are. I know we are not allowed to ask for each other's opinion on pricing/value, but perhaps somebody is able to point me in the direction of somebody/somewhere that I can find that info.

They are cotton feeling, with light padding between the 2 layers. The bib has 2 thin straps, one of which is detached on the front. There is some simple machine straight stitching as well as hand stitching with thicker thread. The hand embroidered dragons on each leg are vibrant and in great conditon.

DSC_0511.JPG DSC_0515.JPG DSC_0519.JPG DSC_0516.JPG DSC_0527.JPG DSC_0524.JPG DSC_0530.JPG DSC_0529.JPG Thanks in advance for any tips or info!