1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interesting Adele Simpson Coat - 70s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by blubirdboutique, Dec 16, 2010.

1. blubirdboutique

blubirdboutique Registered Guest

Hello :)

I sorta fell in love with this coat when I saw it. It has a really interesting tribal print and the back looks sort of Aztec-ish. It also reminds me of the ethnic prints that are so popular now. It's lined with a rayon crepe. The tag matches a 1960s tag on VFG label resource.

Any thoughts? Do you think it might have been part of a suit?

Thanks! :)

2. blubirdboutique

3. Catbooks1940s

Catbooks1940s VFG Member

ooh, i LOVE this! what a fabulous border print, with great color palette.

i'm more inclined to 60s than 70s, especially with the rayon crepe lining. yes, undoubtedly it had a skirt, although the skirt was probably just trimmed in the print else it'd have been overwhelming. may have had a dress instead.

it's a jacket, btw. coats are long, jackets short :)

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Maybe (solid) pants? It has sort of an après ski/winter resort late '60's early '70's look to me.

Linn

5. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

Love, love, love. That is all.

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I love this one! so rich, the main motif on the back almost has a Mayan Indian look about it!

7. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

That's a great jacket! It might have had a skirt or matching pants. I can see it with black flared pants and the jacket fabric as a wide trim around the hems.

I'm getting a very 1970-ish vibe from it--not much earlier, not much later. The print reminds me of some things I was wearing right about 1971.

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

9. blubirdboutique

Thank you everyone! :)